At Coquitlam Family Dentistry, our philosophy is to treat every child as if they were our own. Our goal is to help raise a generation of children who are not afraid of going to the dentist as adults.
As a sole-provider pediatric dental practice that provides patient-centered care, Dr. Christine Kim and our team endeavour to take the time to determine our patients' needs and emphasize communication between dentist and parent in figuring out the best way to treat our patients and meet expectations.
A Unique Approach to Pediatric Dentistry
- We believe that every child deserves to have a healthy smile, and the pediatric dental care we provide is focused on ensuring a healthy smile for a lifetime.
- We do not pressure people into treatment. We want parents to understand the problem at hand and all of the options available to manage it. Sometimes, in pediatric dentistry, there is no “right” answer, but rather the appropriate treatment is what the parents are comfortable with their child undergoing.
- We emphasize the tell-show-do approach in dentistry and we try to take the time to talk to parents and patients about their past experiences and their expectations going forward.
- Prevention and early childhood visits are the most important services we provide. If a dental home is established early on, the trust is there when the child has dental concerns that need to be addressed with more challenging appointments. We emphasize a long-term relationship to make all visits easy and stress-free.
- We celebrate the diversity of our family of patients. To ensure the most effective communication, we offer services in Cantonese, Russian, Korean, and Tagalog, in addition to English.
We look forward to getting to know you and your family. Please contact our Coquitlam pediatric dental practice to learn more about the dental care we provide and to schedule an appointment.